What do you have Gluten Free in the bakery?
- The entire bakery is Gluten Free.
- The owner/baker and her daughter are also Gluten Free.
- We are Certified Gluten Free! (since October 1st, 2019)
Why can’t you cut my bread? We cannot slice warm bread:
- It tears the dough.
- It makes the slices stick to each other.
- it breaks the blades of our beloved bread slicer.
When can you cut bread?
- On a non-humid day, we can usually cut yeast bread in the afternoon 2pm.
- Best time to cut bread is when it has totally cooled to room temperature.
How do I keep my bread as fresh, as long as possible, at home?
- We do not use preservatives, and only the minimum of sugar (a preservative) so: slice it, bag it, and freeze it (is the best).
- The bread will mold within a day or two if left on the counter.
- It is best when kept in a fridge or freezer from day 1; simply toast, or warm up, slices as needed.
Is shipping available?
- For the GTA, we have partnered with a courier. They calculate cost based on postal code.
- Outside of GTA we use Canada Post; BUT due to Covid-19, shipping times aren’t guaranteed, so freshness can be a problem. You are welcome to make a separate arrangement: please contact the bakery directly.
- Delivery is available Tuesday to Friday, Preorders are done 48 hours in advance.
Do you have all breads all the time?
- No. We alternate the kind of breads we bake because we literally can’t: all our bread is baked, from scratch, in-house. Croissants, too! It is ALWAYS best to pre-order online, or call us, to make sure we have the bread you want.
What is your loyalty program?
- Purchases over $20 before tax earn 10 points (limit of 10 pts. per day)
- At 100 points, you get $10 off your next purchase!
- We need your name, and email, to add you to our program
When I place and order, how long will you keep it for me?
- We will first call you to remind you of your order and keep your order in the bakery for 1 week after which due to space we will no longer keep it and dispose of it without reimbursement.
When can I get a refund?
- We will refund when at least 75% of the product is brought back to the bakery and we can see that something was wrong with the texture.
Instructions to bake croissants at home
For morning croissants
1. Night before, take croissants out of the freezer and put in your fridge on a tray
2. In the morning, preheat the oven at 350 Fahrenheit
3. Egg wash the croissants or use any vegan substitute (coconut oil, margarine, etc)
4. Once oven is at 350, bake your croissants for 15-20 minutes or until golden to your liking.
You can also take them out of the freezer at room temperature 2 hours before baking covered with a loose plastic. Preheat your oven and follow steps 3 to 5!!!!
Thank you for being part of our family!
The TBE Family!